If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Friday, November 10, 2017

My Ramblings: Are Plot Twists A Must?

Are Plot Twists A Must?

My Answer: YES.

Some of the most memorable books, to me, are books that keep me on the edge of my seat throughout the story. Unless nostalgia is a factor (which it can be depending on the book and external circumstances), plot twists are something I will actively look forward to. If the author doesn't execute it well, it'll be one of the first things I'll mention in a review.

When I read a book I'm either looking for A) An adventure or B) Something out of the norm. If I can see everything that's going to happen from a mile away, chances are that book will probably end up in the money pit that has become my DNF pile. The guilt that pile brings out in me is out of this world, but I can't help not wanting to put myself through something that I consider to be subpar to my expectations.

The writing is also very important throughout this whole process. I could have in my hands the best story the world may ever know, but if it's badly written there will be no saving it. It seems I'm getting to a point where my expectations have a minimum standard and anything below that doesn't get to keep my attention. When you consider I'm not a fast reader things start to come into perspective. 

Are plot twists a must for you?
Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...