If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Audio Book Review: One Foot In The Grave By Jeaniene Frost

One Foot In The Grave
(Night Huntress #2)
By Jeaniene Frost

Length: 9 hours and 47 minutes
Narrator: Tavia Gilbert


You can run from the grave, but you can’t hide…

Half-vampire Cat Crawfield is now Special Agent Cat Crawfield, working for the government to rid the world of the rogue undead. She’s still using everything Bones, her sexy and dangerous ex, taught her, but when Cat is targeted for assassination, the only man who can help her is the vampire she left behind.

Being around Bones awakens all her emotions, from the adrenaline rush of slaying vamps side by side to the reckless passion that consumed them. But a price on her head—wanted: dead or half-alive—means her survival depends on teaming up with Bones. And no matter how hard Cat tries to keep things professional between them, she’ll find that desire lasts forever…and Bones won’t let her get away again.
Goodreads Button
Available At:

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review - all links will be live within a few weeks of each other)



My Review:

I can't put into words how much I love this series! This is my second time reading this novel in particular and it's just as good as when I first picked it up quite a few years ago.

Cat seems to have left her goody two shoes behind in the last novel. This time around she's an incredible fighter and tries not to take sh*t from anyone. Especially her mother (which is still as annoying as ever). I dislike how she still manages to keep her half baked "plans" from Bones because all it does is cause uncomfortable situations.

I like Bones. He'll take names and drop bodies in no time and still protect Cat to the best of his ability. He's sweet in a completely violent way and it suits the story.

The ending felt abrupt and out of place. I would have preferred the next novel start out with the Dave situation. It would be a mild cliffhanger, but, for me, it would be small enough to not make anyone angry. Overall, this was a fantastic novel and very well written.

The Audio Book:

I still haven't gotten over how high pitched and strange Bones voice is. I love the story and I have no problem with anyone's voice other than Bones. I like british accents as much as any other person, but why does it have to be so high pitched? With that as an exception, the rest of the narration was very good.

My Rating:



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I'm so glad to have you reading with us.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...