If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Book Series I Read Before I Was a Blogger

Hiya My Little Predators!!

Welcome back to the Top Ten Tuesday meme!!

It's a weekly feature created By The Broke and the Bookish!

I know this week's topic isn't what this post will be about. I don't particularly enjoy or look for books with children/mothers to be and moms aren't something that stand out to me in books in general. So I took it upon myself to do a twist on a Top Ten Tuesday topic from a few years ago:

Top Ten Book Series I Read Before I Was a Blogger

* All titles are linked to Goodreads.

1. Need Series By Carrie Jones

I believe this was the first series that I read that actually made me want to tell the world how good it was. I went as far as getting into a very deep and thought out conversation on Goodreads with a few other people and it eventually ended with me 'winning' Astley for some reason. 


I love this series, but the ending is such a turn off. I need concrete, never-changing answers. It's still such a good series though...


If I remember correctly, this was the first faerie novel I ever picked up. Everything was so fascinating because it hadn't been over done to me yet. It was also a nice change from all the vampire novels I kept reading at the time.


This was also a first for human experiments turned superpowers type novel. I still adore this and am still holding out hope for a Derek and Chloe series!


This was a different take on the overdone vampire stories and it was amazing. 


I read this a few months after I had gotten to know the Twilight series, so in my mind, I always compared everything vampire that I read to the most notable vampire book I'd previously read and this blew everything out of the water. It's an amazing series and I would consider it a classic in the vampire urban fantasy genre.


I remember very little of this series, but it still sticks out to me. I can remember that I raced through it (probably because it was so good). Abbi Glines, from what I've heard, has come out with an updated version to the series. I'll eventually pick it up again.


This is one of those first-for-me series. I really liked the mythology behind it all, though at the time that I first read it I didn't know it was based on anything. I'm guessing that took away from the story, but even by itself it was incredible. 

This was one of those novels that I picked up because I was getting tired of reading the same old vampire stories. I remember it being a very nice surprise. 


I was in a magical boarding school phase when I came across this novel. From what I remember it was very fast paced and story driven novel.

What novels do you remember reading before 2013?
Would you recommend any of them?
Tell me in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...