If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Audio Book Review: Keystone By Dannika Dark

Keystone
(Crossbreed #1)
By Dannika Dark

Narrator: Nicole Poole
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Length: 10 hours and 18 minutes

Raven Black hunts evildoers for fun, but her vigilante justice isn’t the only reason she’s hiding from the law. Half Vampire, half Mage, she’s spent years living as a rogue to stay alive. When a Russian Shifter offers her a job in his covert organization hunting outlaws, dignity and a respectable career are finally within her grasp. The catch? Her new partner is Christian Poe - a smug, handsome Vampire whom she’d rather stake than go on a stakeout with.

They're hot on the trail of a human killer who will stop at nothing to get what he wants. One misstep during her probationary period could jeopardize Raven’s chance at redemption, and her partner would love nothing more than to see her fail. Will Raven find the courage to succeed, or will she give in to her dark nature?

Dark secrets, unexpected twists, and a blurred line between good and evil will keep you on the edge of your seat.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | B&N | Kobo | iBooks |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)



My Review:

This was a delightful novel. I got through it in two days (which is saying something when you consider it's a 10 hour long audio book) and I loved every minute of it. I wish I had gotten into the Mageri Series so I could have gotten to know Christen Poe there and have this cross over into that. 

I liked Christen somewhat. His snarky remarks and sexual innuendos were on point, but he could come off as an insensitive jackass in quite a few moments. I enjoyed how skeptical and untrusting he was of everyone (even his 'friends' if we can call the people of Keystone that), it created a very entertaining dynamic. 

I didn't know whether to feel bad for Raven or to praise her. She had some very quotable lines in this novel (all of which I can't tell you because I couldn't bring myself to get a notepad and pencil at two in the morning to write them down) which I adored. I'd like to point out that a few things did come too easy for her (like the sun healing). Overall I respect her as a character.

The ending was beautiful. It ended on such a note that if I wanted to I could walk away satisfied that I got some answers. All that considered, I am NOT one of those people. I want Raven and Christian to become a couple. I also found myself wishing that this was a paranormal romance a time or two because I want to know what's the story behind Shepard's cold demeanor and scared body.

P.S. Why did Christen do what he did in the end after she asked him? Why can't they be happy together already?

The Audio Book:

The narration was very good. I have nothing but positive things to say about it. I loved all the different accents Nicole Poole is capable of. I was very impressed when I could tell every character apart from their voices.

My Rating:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...